The Guerrilla Season Book Blog

Join 8th grade American History students at South Valley Jr High in Liberty, Missouri as they read Guerrilla Season by Pat Hughes. For more information contact Eric Langhorst at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Poem Project Example - Poem from Susie to Matt

Here is a great example of a poem based on Guerrilla Season from Stephanie. Awesome job!

A special poem to Matt Howard,

With the air so clean,
I didn't want to be mean.
All I wanted was a kiss,
But you fell and appeared all this.
A total mess because of me,
All happened lying in the tree.
The sprained bones,
Then Mr. Stone.
I knew hurting you made me cry,
Also I am dying inside.
The tears in my eyes ready to be shed,
Making life without you a total dread.
I know I might be a little too bold,
But I would still love a hand to hold.
Now you plan on leaving me,
When we both know we're meant to be.
I'm going to be all alone,
Wanting you can now be shown.
I love you so much,
Even when leaving the fingers to touch.
But I guess its time to say good-bye,
I'll just head on home and start to cry.

Love Your Sweetheart,
Miss. Susie Samuel

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie -
This is so thoughtful and just lovely. And it shows that you really feel for Susie's situation. Very nice!
- Pat

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved your peom Stephanie!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home