The Guerrilla Season Book Blog

Join 8th grade American History students at South Valley Jr High in Liberty, Missouri as they read Guerrilla Season by Pat Hughes. For more information contact Eric Langhorst at speakingofhistory@gmail.com

Monday, November 06, 2006

Week 3 - General Discussion

Think of this place as a sort of local coffee shop. If you have a comment or specific response to a question posted as a blog entry please post it there but if you have a general comment and don't know where else to post it please do so here. It might be a question or just a general observation - go ahead and post it.

Visitors to the blog - please feel free to leave a comment at this post about your impressions on the book blog project. We'd love to hear from you.

Please answer this question by posting a comment to this blog entry by clicking on the "comments" link below this post. Please remember to use either your first name only or no name. Any comments with full names will not be posted. Thanks.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric, I have really enjoyed the book and the blog. Thanks for setting it all up and keeping it going. Pat's involvement has added a lot, I think. I appreciate her willingness to make herself available to us all.

Are you going to write up an evaluation of the project at the end of it? If so, would you be willing to share it?

Nancy

1:00 PM  
Blogger Eric Langhorst said...

Nancy

Thanks for your participation. It has been an incredible project.

I will type up an evaluation of the project once it is completed. Also, I have written an article for the School Library Journal which will appear in the December issue and I think the USA Today will be doing an article in the near future.

Thanks.

Eric Langhorst

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on this book as a whole. I found this to be a wonderful historical account of the Civil War in Missouri. I know the book was written for young adults but as an adult, I found I could not put the book down. I just loved the account of the families and the boys. Having boys myself, I experienced the joys, the sorrows, the fears and all that mother's experience in their growing. I highly recommend this book as an addition to history classes. It was excellent.

Theresa

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked the book it is hard to put it down when I am at home reading it. I usally always got into trouble at home when I read it because it's so good. I have even read some of it to my little nine year old brother Kyle. He likes it to but just doesn't understand everything.


From:BigRed

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really liked this book! It was very interesting throughout the entire story. The last few chapters really kept my attention!

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to all for the kind words about "GS."

But BigRed, I MUST know: How did you get into trouble at home for reading it?? My kids get in trouble for playing too many video games, watching too much TV or spending too much time on the computer, but never for reading too much! Were you reading when you were supposed to be doing something else?!

- Pat

4:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home